Direct Report: Manager Director / VP
Department: Field Sales and Services
This role shall represent the highest of technical aptitude and professional engineering skills while contributing to the growth and the development of SAAB RDS INC.’s key accounts in alignment with the company strategies. The Field AE generates and executes on technical demand while becoming a trusted technical advisor for key customers. This is a unique role that requires not only technical leadership, but also strong interpersonal and relationship development skills, customer-facing experience, business acumen, and personal drive. The Field AE will become a trusted advisor concerning SAAB RDS INC.’s portfolio of systems.
There will be a requirement for regular travel across Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Lebanon and GCC territories. Country of residence time will be over 45% in Saudi Arabia and Travel is 75% average within this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide front line technical support within the services level agreement (SLA) and professional technical training services to customers.
- Ensure customer success and technology adoption especially for the first-time buyers.
- Build demos, deliver technical workshops, and hand-on seminars.
- Provide technical consultation to sales engineers, review systems configurations and ensure technical compliance.
- Architect solutions in Hardware and Software and identify and recommend 3rd party products (sensors, SW, etc.)
- Find and Generate Demand for SAAB
Find and Generate Demand for SAAB RDS INC.’s Portfolio of Systems.
- Generate demand for SAAB RDS INC.’s Portfolio of Systems and approaches by delivering product demonstrations, rapid development and support.
- Understand account-level dynamics, political structure, technical cadence, and industry influences for target account(s).
- Build face-to-face relationships with engineers, key technical influencers and technical decision makers within target account(s) and serve them as a trusted technical advisor to ensure mutual customer and long-term success.
- Reduce broad concepts and business strategies into structured projects to uncover new opportunities.
Enable mutual success for SAAB RDS INC. and Customers.
- Establish key objectives for the target account(s) and utilize technical insight to understand activities and measures for mutual success.
- Collaborate with the Field Sales and Account Manager(s) as part of an account team to lead development and execution of the account technical strategy providing insight to the overall account strategy and pipeline.
- Coach Account Managers in development of technical strategy for target account(s)
- Lead and coordinate resources in delivery of initiatives and projects.
Feedback and Internal Collaboration.
- Provide feedback to key business stakeholders on product fit in target applications and industries.
- Contribute to team and peer development through coaching and mentorship.
- Provide feedback on any content created for marketing purposes (content creation and review).
- Master’s degree in engineering (all disciplines).
- Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD).
- 3+ Years of programming experience
- 2+ years of NI LabVIEW, MultiSim, TestStand
- 2+ years of experience with the NI PXI Platform
- Experience in RF applications
- Experience of Automated Test applications
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Ability to articulate the strengths and benefits of software defined approach’s value-add.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional groups within NI.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong technical skills specifically in core NI products (LabVIEW, DAQ, cRIO, NI-ELVIS, myDAQ, MultiSIM, UltiBoard, Virtual Bench, USRP, LabVIEW RT, LabVIEW FPGA, RF, Embedded)
- Possess a Proven track record of ‘business acumen’.
- Must exhibit a proactive/can do attitude.
- Certified Professional Instructor (CPI).
- Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA).
- Certified NI TestStand Developer or Architect (CTD or CTA).
- Customer Service Focus: Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ needs.
- Work Management: Manage your own workflow and prioritize activities of the highest importance. Coordinate with the account sales team and other technical resources on a weekly basis to provide status updates, handle the customer’s technical issues as they arise.
- Building Relationships: Establish a specific plan to develop a presence within the account(s) by regularly visiting key technical contacts and building contacts at multiple levels within the account organization. Contact and/or meet with existing clients to evaluate open engagements and anticipate future needs. Clients will view you as a trusted technical advisor on SAAB RDS INC.’s Platforms and industry trends.
- Contributing to the Account Team Success: Collaborate with the Account and Sales Managers in achieving quota targets and Key Sales Objectives (KSOs) for the assigned account(s), demonstrated initiative to execute on impactful activities to meet meaningful outcomes and track record of providing insight back to team to help drive technical and business strategy.
The base of this role is flexible and will be discussed with successful candidate.
Interested candidates can apply by sending a motivation letter along with their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the 5th of February and showing how their skills and experience can help them be successful in this role.