Solar Power Systems
Are you looking into reducing your electricity bill and be more independent? Maybe you have researched about solar systems that can help you provide power to your home, community, farm or small-medium industry, but the information and choices are overwhelming: Is it better to go fully off-grid or not? How much power generation do I need? Do I need storage independent from the grid? Does my solar energy system need batteries? Where should I mount my panels? What’s the investment upfront and the maintenance costs? Is the investment worthwhile?
We definitely believe this is a worthwhile investment, but you need to choose the system that is right for you based on your needs. All too often people make an investment and then realize it was not the right one, resulting in a waste of time and money.
Here, we try to respond to some of those key questions, but if you still have questions, contact us to talk to an expert about your particular needs.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a Solar System?
Advantages of Solar Energy
- Sustainable and Renewable: Sunlight is an infinite resource!
- Energy independence. You don’t need to depend on a grid 24 hours/day.
- Eliminate electric bill: solar power costs just a fraction of what you pay the utility company each month. A properly sized system can drop your electric bill to $0.
- Remote power: If you live in a remote location, it may be too expensive or impossible to run power lines to your house. Solar power systems generate energy when you can’t hook into the power grid.
- Low maintenance: Solar panels require minimum maintenance and live long.
- Improves property value: Homes equipped with solar power systems sell for 3.74% more than comparable non-solar properties (according to a recent study by the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in the US.)
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Expensive upfront: though it pays for itself in the long run, the first minimum investment can amount to 5K$.
- Takes up space: so you need to make sure you have space in your property to install them.
- Energy storage is expensive: if you need them to store power, batteries are the most expensive part of a solar system.
Types of Solar Power Systems
What’s the difference between on-grid and off-grid?
The first step is to decide is whether you need an on-grid or off-grid system, or maybe a hybrid of both, since each of them bring different benefits and respond to different needs. The basic difference between on and off-grid solar systems is about where you store the energy you generate: every system needs a place to store energy so that it can be used on demand, but your panels will only generate charge when the sun is out.
On-grid systems is the most cost- effective option, and they recommended if you can if you have access to power lines. The energy you generate is sent into the utility grid for later use (and can be distributed to other people in your area). It will have a huge impact on your electricity bill, and the ROI of the investment is the shortest-term one. These are recommended for homes, communities or small industrial locations.
Off-grid solar systems are meant for delivering power to remote areas and properties that don’t have an easy access to power lines. They are more expensive, since they require adding batteries to the system to be able to store the power produced. They are perfect for delivering power to remote locations, and are recommended for remote agricultural areas, for example.
A third option is a hybrid of the first two: it connects to the grid, but also includes batteries (they are also called battery backup or energy storage systems) and they present the main benefit that they store backup power in case of outages, or to use it later. It’s your decision if you want to make this extra investment for maximum reliability, but be sure to talk to an expert before, so that he can help you evaluate the real need for it.
Where can I get a Complete Solar Power System?
We help you design and build complete solar power systems and backup power kits for homes, businesses, farms, boats, remote industrial, and unique applications.
We provide market-leading DAH PV Solar solutions to fit your exact needs.
Our solutions have approved international certification like TUV, CE, CEC, INMETRO, FIDE, etc., and domestic certification like CQC, Leader, ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001…
- On-grid Solar Power System for domestic and small industrial use: from 1KW On-Grid Solar Home System to 500kw On-grid solar power station for industrial and commercial rooftop projects.
- Off- grid Solar Power System for domestic use: from 1KW to 50KW for home use with battery.
- Hybrid Solar Power System from 3KW to 10KW for domestic use.
Our systems have the utmost quality production standards, as we have over 10 years of solar experience, and we offer a 25-year warranty. Depending on the system you choose, it can be mounted in as little as 8 days.
Whether you’re considering staying connected to the grid to save money, or living off grid for freedom and independence, we can help you determine the right investment for you. You don’t know where to start? Send us your electricity bill and we will design the system you need for you!
Solar Power Systems’ Case Studies
Do you want to receive personalized information for the Solar Power System that is right for you?
Please fill out this form and we will get back to you shortly. Additionally, you can attach your electricity bill so that we can design a system customized to your needs.