RF and Microwave Component Test
The characterization and production test of the RF and microwave components within these systems is essential to modern aerospace and defense organizations worldwide. Technological innovations like higher power, more efficient circuit design, increased digital functionality, more efficient spectrum usage, and software defined modular antenna architectures create significant challenges for design and test engineers alike. Using a consistent and customizable platform from the lab to production improves your time to market while reducing capital equipment costs and increasing the efficiency of your team.
How to reduce risk of RF and Microwave Component and Module Test?
Passive and active electronically scanned arrays (ESAs) play a critical role in harnessing and defending the electromagnetic spectrum in modern radar and SATCOM applications. It is absolutely required to have the right strategy for the characterization and production test of the RF and microwave semiconductor components within these systems. Technological innovations in this area are creating significant design and test challenges, including:
- More efficient high-power RF devices based on modern GaN process technologies
- Increasingly complex RF components and modules with progressively wider bandwidths
- Multichannel RF front ends to handle frequency agile and multiband applications
- More RF channel and high-speed digital I/O integration
- Software defined digital processing capabilities to meet multifunction application needs
To solve these challenges, you need a solution that:
- Leverages a modular platform to develop test systems that meet your high-mix, low-volume needs
- Reduce capital cost substantially using high-performance test equipment versus traditional instruments
- Capture better data faster and run multiple test cases simultaneously