SAAB-RDS is a technology enablement and consultancy boutique for development and localization of commercial off-the-shelf technologies and platforms. Led by senior consultants in the information and communication technologies (ICT), our mission is to enable and accelerate innovation, engineering education and research, and industrial digital transformations.
Our solution methodology is highly differentiated, customer defined, vendor agnostic, and value driven. We strive to deliver cutting-edge sustainable productivity solutions to industry, bridge the gap between industry and academia, and to provide tailored programs that develop the next generation IT leaders of the Middle East & GCC.
Direct Report: VP of Sales
The technical Consultant Field Sales Engineer is responsible for driving sustainable business growth and adoption in Accounts and/or markets. In this role you will be responsible for the revenue and growth of your assigned territory (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Lebanon). You will lead proactive account planning and own large business opportunities in key areas of research, teaching, industry, and innovation.
This full-time position requires a high degree of interpersonal and leadership skills, and proactive and disciplined execution of the sales plan will be the major success factor of the role. Technical knowledge and the ability to learn new technologies is a must, as you will have to deliver presentations to customers about a variety of topics such as RF, radar, IoT, etc. There will be a requirement for regular travel across the territory. Country of residence time will be over 75% in Saudi Arabia and/or Bahrain and travel is 50% average within this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute business plans to impact SAAB RDS Inc.’s portfolio footprint in Accounts and/or markets.
- Identify Sales Opportunities and Drive proactive Opportunity Pipeline.
- Drive and contribute to on-site and events in the region that includes Seminars, Hands-on workshops, User Groups, and others.
- Build and maintain network of customers and partners.
- Work collaboratively with ecosystem partners to offer competitive and differentiated offerings.
- Handshake with Marketing department in leads handling (prioritization and conversion to opportunities).
- Build Strong Customer Relationships: Establish mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with customers.
- Achieve the Sales revenue targets.
- Demonstrated ability to set a strategy, goals, action plan and drive them to execution and results.
- 3+ year experience in sales roles.
- 2+ year experience in customer facing technical and professional services roles.
- CEP and pro-active Demand generation intuitive skills.
- Strong technical skills in National Instruments technologies specifically in:
- LabVIEW and LabVIEW modules (minimum CLAD level)
- Spice simulation platforms: Multisim, Ultiboard
- Possess a Proven track record of ‘business acumen’.
- Has previously exhibited strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and enjoy working with people.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- *BS/M.Sc. in Engineering (all disciplines).
- Must exhibit a proactive/can-do attitude.
- Valid driving license.
- Proven sales track record as district sales manager or equivalent.
- Native Arabic Speaker
- Industry certifications: LabVIEW CLD, CLED or above is a plus.
- Technical skills in
- NI: Data Acquisition Systems,USRP, SDR, PXI RF & MI, ELVIS, cRIO
- PTC Thingworx, Vuforia, Creo platforms
- DIGILENT (Embedded Systems, MakerHub, Robots…)
- Excellence in Sales
- Building Trusted Relationships
- High Impact Communication
- Raising the Bar
Compensation will be based on the candidate’s profile and dependent on the revenue brought in by the successful candidate.
Interested candidates can apply by sending a motivation letter along with their resume to: email@example.com and showing how their skills and experience can help them be successful in this role. The position is based in Saudi Arabia or Bahrain.