Direct Report: VP of Sales
The Technical Consultant is responsible for driving sustainable business growth and adoption in Accounts and/or markets. In this role you will manage sustainable sales success in a broad customer base in your assigned territory (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Lebanon). You will lead proactive account planning and own large business opportunities in key areas of research, teaching, industry, and innovation.
In this highly proactive role, the Technical Consultant will follow the funding streams to target specific groups and departments – aiming at increasing sustainable revenue growth at the most strategic accounts and through successful use of adoption programs and initiatives to impact SAAB RDS Inc.’s solutions portfolio footprint at these accounts.
The position requires a high degree of interpersonal and leadership skills, and disciplined execution of the sales plan will be the major success factors of the role. There will be a requirement for regular travel across the territory. Country of residence time will be over 50% in Saudi Arabia and Travel is 75% average within this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide the domain acumen necessary to help grow SAAB RDS Inc.’s portfolio footprint and market share in target Accounts and/or focus markets (i.e., Teaching, Research, Industry and Innovation).
- Create and execute business plans to impact SAAB RDS Inc.’s portfolio footprint in Accounts and/or markets.
- Identify Sales Opportunities and Drive proactive Opportunity Pipeline.
- Drive and contribute to on-site and events in the region that includes Seminars, Hands-on workshops, User Groups, and others.
- Build and maintain network of customers and partners.
- Work collaboratively with ecosystem partners to offer competitive and differentiated offerings.
- Handshake with Marketing department in leads handling (prioritization and conversion to opportunities).
- Build Strong Customer Relationships.
- Establish mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to set a strategy, goals, action plan and drive them to execution and results.
- 3+ yr experience in sales roles
- 2+ yr experience in customer facing technical and professional services roles.
- CEP and pro-active Demand generation intuitive skills.
- Strong technical skills specifically in:
- LabVIEW, modules, minimum CLAD level.
- Data Acquisition Systems, ELVIS, Virtual Bench.
- Software Defined Radio systems: RF, USRP, mmWave, PXI MI.
- Embedded Platforms: cRIO, myRIO.
- Spice simulation platforms: MultiSIM, UltiBoard.
- Possess a Proven track record of ‘business acumen’.
- Has previously exhibited strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and enjoy working with people.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- BS/M.Sc. in Engineering (all disciplines).
- Must exhibit a proactive/can-do attitude.
- Proven sales track record as district sales manager or equivalent.
- Arab speaker.
- Industry certifications: LabVIEW CLD, CLED or above is a plus.
- Technical skills in:
- PTC Thingworx, Vuforia, Creo platforms.
- Quanser (AVRS, Haptics, ST-III, Active Suspension, Qube, SRV02…).
- DIGILENT (Embedded Systems, MakerHub, Robots…).
- Sales Disposition.
- Setting Sales Unit Strategy.
- Building Trusted Relationships.
- High Impact Communication.
- Raising the Bar.
Interested candidates can apply by sending a motivation letter along with their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the 5th of February and showing how their skills and experience can help them be successful in this role.