Effective Date: 20 March, 2019
This privacy statement applies to www.saabrds.com (including its subdomains), SAAB RDS Inc. (“SAAB RDS”, “we” and “our”). This privacy statement describes how we collect, use, share and secure the personal information we receive from our customers, from our website and from our online visitors (“you” and “your”). It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Your right to privacy is a priority to us. Our goal in gathering information is to consistently improve our relationship with you, our customer. We do not sell your information to outside organizations.
- What Personal Information does SAAB RDS collect?
- How does SAAB RDS use Personal Information?
- International transfers
- How SAAB RDS may share Personal Information
- How can I access and update my information?
- EU data protection rights
- How can I manage my communication preferences?
- How does SAAB RDS secure my Personal Information? (MISSING INFO)
- Children’s Personal Information
- Social media features
- Links to third-party websites and services
- Notification of Privacy Statement changes
- Contact us
What Personal Information does SAAB RDS collect?
“Personal Information,” as used in this Privacy Statement, means any information or set of information that identifies or could be used to identify an individual or household.
The Personal Information we collect may fall into any of the following categories:
- Identifiers such as your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, user account name and password, social media handle, date of birth, proof of employment eligibility (if you are applying for a job), or other similar identifiers;
- Protected characteristics such as your gender, age, race, or other protected classifications under applicable law;
- Financial information such as bank or credit card numbers or other financial information;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information such as photographs of you, biometric identifiers, IP address or voice recordings from you;
- Professional information such as information about your employer, job history, job interests, or job title;
- Education information such as your education history, degrees or certifications obtained; or
- Communications.When you participate in polls or surveys, register for an event or contact us, we may maintain a record of that communication including any Personal Information you provide in the communication.
We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you:
- Use our website or applications;
- Activate a software license or register software;
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers, training or information;
- Place orders for products or services;
- Create and manage a user account;
- Register for events or webinars;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Provide a testimonial;
- Subscribe to newsletters, marketing and promotional emails or other materials;
- Apply for a job; or
- Contact us.
You may choose not to provide Personal Information or withdraw any consent you may have provided to our processing your information at any time, although it may affect our ability to provide you with relevant information or services.
For some areas of our site and through other interactions with SAAB RDS, we ask you to provide additional Personal Information that helps us enhance your site visit, assists you with technical support issues, permits post-visit follow-up and to communicate with you about order processing, product recalls or returns, service contract entitlements, and other matters essential to the software or related services. This information might include your name, email address, company information, job title, mailing address, application information, product preferences, or contact preferences.
Information collected from third parties
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with SAAB RDS, information collected through one source may be combined with information we obtain from other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our websites. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our trusted business partners and other third parties. Examples of how we may use this information include using your data to help us to improve your experience using our website, to present you with options tailored to your preferences and for targeted advertising purposes as explained below, and to help prevent and detect fraud.
Personal Information we receive from third parties may include the following categories:
- Identifiers such as your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, user name and password, social media handle, or other similar identifiers.
- Protected characteristics such as your gender, age, race, or other protected classifications under applicable law.
- Financial information that may include bank or credit card numbers or other financial information.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information such as photographs of you or your IP address.
- Professional information such as information about your employer, salary, job history, job interests, or job title.
- Education information such as your education history, degrees or certifications obtained.
Information we automatically collect
- Identifiers such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), device identifier, and geolocation; and
- Internet or other electronic network activity information such as the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our website if you click on a link on our website, the pages you have viewed on our website and access times.
How does SAAB RDS use Personal Information?
SAAB RDS may use your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the products, services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested;
- Send communications to you, including information about product safety, your transaction status including notifications about products and order confirmations, specific programs in which you have chosen to participate, SAAB RDS products and services, events, promotional offers and market surveys;
- Facilitate your use of our website and online community forums, including customizing webpage language and content;
- Facilitate communications from our authorized distributors and business partners;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products and services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Better understand our customers and online users, including identifying your interests based on your interactions with our site;
- Personalize content and implement your preferences;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our websites, our businesses, and our products or services; or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
Legal bases of processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information depends on the Personal Information concerned, the specific context in which we collect it and how it is to be used. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following bases:
- To comply with a contractual obligation (for example, using your shipment details to make delivery where you have bought a product from us or using your email address where you have asked us to do something before making a purchase, such as providing you with a quote). We will advise you upon collection whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your information.
- For compliance with SAAB RDS’s legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your Personal Information (for example, health and safety, taxation and anti-money laundering laws) or where we need your Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- SAAB RDS’s (and its business partners’) legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and personalizing activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you support or services, and in accordance with SAAB RDS’s retention practices and legal requirements. This retention will continue, for example, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
SAAB RDS may transfer your Personal Information among suppliers, principles, their subsidiaries and/or affiliates and business partners, if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. This may involve the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside your home country or region, including outside the European Economic Area if that is your region, which may have a different level of data protection from your home country. Such countries may include, without limitation, the United States and other countries in which SAAB RDS or its subsidiaries or its authorized distributors and business partners maintain facilities. In order to provide adequate protection for the transfer of your Personal Information, we transfer Personal Information pursuant to our Privacy Shield self-certification (as further described below), by entering into written contractual arrangements (as appropriate) with our subsidiaries, authorized distributors and business partners in respect of such transfers or by relying on other legally-approved transfer mechanisms. We take all reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Information we transfer.
How SAAB RDS may share Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose with your consent. Except as described below, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
We also may share your Personal Information with these categories of third parties for the following purposes:
Service providers and business partners
We engage service providers, online advisors and business partners to assist us with operating and providing your access to our website and other SAAB RDS services. These service providers or business partners may perform advertising services, process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize services, provide integration services for our customers, provide technical services, serve online behavioral advertising, send newsletters and surveys, support email and online community services, administer polls and surveys, and analyze information to help us improve our business. Some of our service providers or business partners may engage their own service providers or business partners to further assist us. In these instances, the receiving party is not permitted to retain, use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than for performing the specific business purpose on our behalf.
SAAB RDS occasionally partners with other companies in an effort to provide the most relevant and detailed information for your measurement and automation applications. In some cases, SAAB RDS and such third parties conduct joint seminars where we may conduct joint marketing activities in which both SAAB RDS and the third party receive your Personal Information after providing appropriate notice to you and an opportunity for you to opt out of sharing your Personal information for marketing activities.
Where required by law or for other protective reasons
We may share your Personal Information with law enforcement agencies, courts, other government authorities or other third parties where we believe it necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
We also may share your Personal Information in connection with fraud protection or other legal action, or if SAAB RDS reasonably believes it is necessary to protect SAAB RDS, its customers or the public.
In the context of a merger, acquisition or sale
We may share your Personal Information with potential transaction partners, service providers, advisors and other third parties in connection with negotiation or completion of a corporate transaction in which SAAB RDS is acquired by or merged with another company or in which SAAB RDS sells or transfers all or a portion of its assets or business.
The Personal Information we may share with third parties as described in this section may include these categories:
Internet or other electronic network activity information;
Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information;
Education information; and
How can I access and update my information?
SAAB RDS wants to help you keep your Personal Information accurate. To access, correct, change, update or delete your Personal Information on www.saabrds.com, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. We promptly record any request for changes to your communication preferences in our internal customer databases; please allow 10 business days for these changes to take effect.
EU data protection rights
Where the processing of your Personal Information is subject to EU data protection laws, you have the following data subject rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law.
- Access: Request access to your personal data, as that term is defined in the GDPR;
- Rectification: Request correction of your personal data;
- Erasure: Request erasure of your personal data;
- Objection: Object to some processing of your personal data;
- Restriction: Request restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Portability: Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party;
- Withdrawal of Consent: Withdraw your consent to processing your personal data; or
- Automated Decision-Making: The right not to be subject to having a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection law.
If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, or to submit a Data Subject Access Request to exercise any other data subject right, please send a written request to email@example.com or to the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose restrictions or requirements upon such requests if required or permitted by applicable law.
How can I manage my communication preferences?
You can change your communication preferences, including opting out of all marketing communications, at any time. You may use any of several options to express and manage your preferences, including:
- Unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of any marketing email communications we send you.
- Make your request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, calling (702) 840-1952.
Any marketing by SAAB RDS, or any third parties on behalf of SAAB RDS, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences (including the possibility of being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set out above).
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service-related matters.
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help portion of your web browser, most likely found on the toolbar, typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
If you choose to decline cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some areas of our website will be limited.
We also use scripts, pixels and similar technology, that help us manage content on our site. For example, we may use scripts to personalize your experience to show you products that support your industry. We may also use these technologies to identify the most popular locations on our site, to help us make more of our pages valuable to our customers and to troubleshoot any issues our customers raise about our site’s operation.
Targeted Display Advertising
Children’s Personal Information
SAABRDS takes children’s privacy seriously. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children through our website. If you are a child as understood by laws of your country, please do not submit any Personal Information through our website.
Social media features
Our site includes social media features, such as the Facebook and LinkedIn buttons. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
SAAB RDS Community Features
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com.
Use of SAAB RDS Public Forums
Any information (including Personal Information) that you choose to disclose in public areas of our website, such as blogs, discussion forums, message boards, or other public forums such as trade shows or conventions, becomes public information that others may collect, circulate, and use. Any text you include in a message is public. Because SAAB RDS cannot and does not control the acts of others, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information about yourself or others in public forums such as these. To request removal of a posting you have made or your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, please complete the site feedback form on www.saabrds.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know the reason we are unable to do so.
Links to third-party websites and services
Third parties control the content of all third-party websites that are linked to our website. These links are provided as a benefit to you. If you submit Personal Information to any third-party website through one of those links, the Personal Information you provide is governed by the third-parties’ privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any site you visit.
Notification of Privacy Statement changes
We may update this privacy statement at any time to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify those with user accounts by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or post a notice on this site prior to the change becoming effective. All updated versions of this privacy statement will include an updated posted effective date. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or would like to contact us regarding our privacy practices, please contact:
SAAB RDS Privacy
SAAB RDS INC.
2300 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV
Tel: (702) 840-1952