Preparing to Lead Reliability Improvements Webinar Series by Allied Reliability

May 18, 2020 | Events

Do you know if your organization is operating as reliably as it could be? Join Michael Aroney, Executive Consultant for Client Leadership at Allied Reliability, for a 3-part webinar series that will introduce key topics leaders need to address when tackling a reliability initiative.

These sessions are targeted at senior leaders who have the ability to influence and control their companies’ reliability initiatives, such as Plant or General Managers, Directors, and VPs, and cover the concepts outlined below. Register today to take the first step in building the solid foundation you need for your organization’s reliability improvements to succeed.

Session 1: Preparing to Lead Reliability Improvements – Why?

Making changes to improve asset reliability is a business initiative that has a maintenance and reliability component. Improving a manufacturing plant’s current state of asset reliability by minimizing unplanned asset downtime as well as process losses due to improper asset operating parameters must be an organizational business decision that includes all the related decision-making roles of an organization. This session looks at the business drivers for engaging a leadership coalition that is aligned to improving the current state of asset reliability and understands their role in accomplishing that end.

Key discussion topics:

  • The Case for Change
  • The Current State
  • The Target State

Date: Tuesday, May 19th

Time (AST):  9 pm

Session 2: Preparing to Lead Reliability Improvements – What?

“If there is a problem with performance, blame the process and not the people” (Deming). It is important to understand how manufacturing companies operate as systems, that managers need insight in order to accurately predict the future, and that leaders need to understand individual motivations. This session looks at the asset maintenance and reliability system and the challenges an organization faces when attempting to improve asset reliability and their contribution to stable processes.

Key discussion topics:

  • The Reliability System
  • The Technical Challenges
  • The Organizational Challenges

Date: Wednesday, May 27th

Time (AST):  9 pm

Session 3: Preparing to Lead Reliability Improvements – How?

Approximately 70% of the problems being solved when attempting to improve asset reliability are organizational and cultural. The remaining 30% of the challenge involves the technical aspects of establishing a fully functional asset maintenance and reliability system that optimizes early identification of asset faults and corrects them in a timely manner. An improvement of this nature must be treated as a project with the insight that projects have “failure modes” in a fashion similar to asset failure modes. This session looks at this critical element of understanding how to effectively execute an improvement initiative by ensuring the right organizational roles are engaged and actively participating to align their part of the enterprise to support the reliability system, which improves asset availability, quality, and throughput.

Key discussion topics:

  • The Improvement Failure Modes
  • The Parallel Organization
  • The Cadence of Accountability

Date: Wednesday, June 3rd

Time (AST):  9 pm