Traditional Power Generation Trainer
This option of the Traditional Power Generation Trainer can work in both off-grid and on-grid modes. It consists of a 3-phase synchronous generator moved by an asynchronous motor using a VFD. With the manually controlled excitation current and motor, it allows to investigate the generator performance in different mechanical energy. In off-grid mode it allows to investigate the supply of local loads, as well as voltage and frequency regulation. In on-grid mode it allows to implement the synchronization with the mains power grid.
- Types of traditional power plants.
- Energy sources and drive engines of traditional power plants.
- Electric generators of traditional power plants.
- Operation of autonomous traditional power plants.
- Operation of on-grid traditional power plants.
- Protection in traditional power plant in case of emergencies.
Power Transmission Trainer
The Power Transmission Trainer consists of step-up and step-down transformers, overhead line models and loads. It allows to simulate real AC transmission lines and investigate mechanisms of decreasing the loses on the lines, protection from real-simulated earth-short circuits and line-to-line short circuits, and reactive power compensation. It allows also to investigate the power transformer characteristics.
- Power transmission channel structure.
- Voltage transformation in power transmission.
- Loses and power quality distortions during power transmission.
- Reactive power compensation in power transmission.
- Protection during emergencies in power transmission channels.
Power Distribution Trainer
The Power Distribution Trainer is a combination of physical models of power busbars and switchgears. It allows investigate the control mechanisms of different buses and investigate the system behavior in case of different emergency situations.
- Substation structure and layout for power distribution.
- Electrical loads of consumers.
- Switching operations in substation when changing the scheme of power distribution.
- Protection of the distribution substation in case of emergencies.
Substation Automation Trainer
The Substation Automation Trainer is a small model of a distribution substation. It includes small scale modules for switchgears, busbars, circuit breakers, transformers and loads.
It allows to study basics of substation automation system. It allows to investigate how the monitoring and control (RTU) system is implemented in hardware using NI myRIO platform.
The educational trainer is a part of a real SCADA system.
- Remote monitoring and control of switchgears.
- Remote monitoring and power quality analyses.
- Remote monitoring of protection.
- Alarms & Events handling.
- Real-time data monitoring.
- Communication through DNP3.0 protocol.
Relay Protection Trainer
This trainer includes electromechanical relay protections and microprocessor-based relay protection. The Electromechanical Relay Protection is a combination of different types of electromechanical relays and a DC generator. This trainer allows to concentrate on different protection circuits that are used in different points of real power network. It allows to investigate the relays as separate equipment, as well as their use in advanced protection circuits with and without the generator.
The microprocessor-based relay is implemented on myRIO. It allows to investigate the logic behind every protection as well as adding new types of custom algorithms using graphical programming language LabVIEW.
- Indicating Relay.
- Auxiliary Relay.
- Time Relay.
- Undervoltage Relay.
- Overvoltage Relay.
- Overcurrent Relay.
- Reverse Power Protection (simulated).
- Undervoltage Protection.
- Undervoltage Protection (with Generator).
- Overvoltage Protection.
- Overvoltage Protection (with Generator).
- Under and Overvoltage Protection.
- Under and Overvoltage Protection (with Generator).
- Overcurrent Protection.
- Overcurrent Protection (with Generator).
- Current Cutoff Protection.
- Current Cutoff Protection (with Generator).
- Overcurrent and Current Cutoff Protection.
- Overcurrent and Current Cutoff Protection (with Generator).
- Thermal Relay Protection.
- Three Phase Undercurrent Protection.
- Three Phase Overcurrent Protection.
- Earth-Fault Overcurrent Protection.
- Voltage Controlled Overcurrent Protection.
- Phase Overvoltage Protection.
- Phase Undervoltage Protection.
- Residual Overvoltage Protection.
- Over/Under Frequency Protection.
- Directional Power Protection.